Visit our website

2026年7月19日日曜日

the 216th Regular Meeting: July 18, 2026


Today's meeting was a series of “firsts” for our club; the first meeting of the Senri club’s 2nd term, our new president “Hiko’s” debut, 1st speech of “Yuichi”. It was one of the most meaningful meetings I’ve ever attended.



Our new president, Hiko, kicked off the meeting with great energy. I’m confident that Senri Toastmasters will navigate this new chapter successfully under captain Hiko. I can’t wait to see the promising future of the club.

T.M.O.D (Toastmaster of the Day, facilitator of the regular meeting), Yuriko, successfully led the meeting. She introduced each session with kindness and shared thoughtful comments on every speech. Thanks to her leadership, all participants fully enjoyed today’s meeting, I’m sure.

A Toastmasters meeting typically consists of three parts: Prepared speech, Table Topics, Evaluations. Here are some highlights from them.

First, Prepared speech session.



Three speakers (Yuichi, Kama-yan, Ma-chan) shared their own stories:

  • Yuichi : His curiosity about things and reasons for joining our club
  • Kama-yan : His experience as Table Topics Master at our last special meeting with wonderful episodes
  • Ma-chan : The journey of pursuing her dream of becoming a medical animator

Every speech was unique and resonated with all of us.



We had other role takers; Table Topics Master “Tami”, Grammarian “Anne”, Timer “Mats”, Ah-counter “Yasuko” and others.

Thanks to their contributions, the meeting ran smoothly.

In particular, Table Topics Master “Tami” showed remarkable growth, facilitating confidently with clear comments. I always admired her efforts to improve her English and public speaking skills. And the kind and professional report of Grammarian “Anne”, the brief report of Timer “Mats”, happy welcoming to Ah-counter “Yasuko”, made the meeting special.

However, there was a technical issue related to offline mic low volume. While our officers fixed the problem quickly, it seems we need to double-check mic volume before the meeting in advance.

Overall, the meeting was fantastic as always. I hope we can keep this atmosphere for a long time.

(by Jinyoung)

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿